Content Creator & Brand Development Specialist
LoanWell helps borrowers save money with low-interest financing from their friends and family, who earn the interest instead of the bank.
We are a mission-driven early stage start-up. Our vision is to create the 21st century virtual credit union that facilitates better access to cheaper capital and wealth generation opportunities for communities all over the world. This position will be based out of American Underground - a Google Tech Hub in Durham, NC.
We’re looking for a enthusiastic Jack/Jill of all trades to spearhead our content creation and digital marketing efforts. We are looking for someone with a passion for telling stories across many platforms, an interest in analytics and how they inform business decisions, along with enthusiasm and creativity for gaining followers and engaging on social media. We seek someone with a desire to work in an exciting, all hands on deck environment. This person will be instrumental in building the brand, voice, content and marketing strategy of a promising, funded startup.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 2-4 years of experience in reporting, copywriting or text-based storytelling for a company or a journalism outlet. Strong writing skills are a big plus.
- Experience running institutional social media accounts for a company, non-profit or news organization.
- A solid background or strong interest in learning about Google and Facebook analytics, SEO and other marketing tools.
- A strong interest in brand development ideas and techniques and ability to bring forward creative ideas, as well as execute them.
- An ability to use data to develop audience, see customer trends to inform content, marketing, and business decisions.
- An enthusiasm for finding the best ways to tell our company story and the story of our customers across several multimedia platforms. Additional experience with video storytelling is also a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage an editorial calendar, create website messaging, execute email campaigns, along with a wide variety of written initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- An entrepreneurial and problem-solving attitude along with a customer-service mindset and a willingness to learn about and assist with many aspects of the company.
If you meet 70% of these criteria, please consider applying. Women, people of color, those with non-traditional work backgrounds, people with different gender identities or those part of the LGBT community strongly encouraged to apply.
You will be working directly with and reporting to our CEO/CTO, Bernard Worthy. This is a contract position with the opportunity to transition into a full-time role as our monthly customer acquisition and performance goals are met (90 day review period).
If you’re ready to work for a startup and know you can make a direct impact, we look forward to hearing from you. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled. To apply, email your resume, and brief cover letter introducing yourself to email@example.com